Camera Shots
In my publication and both ancillary tasks I will need to use a number of different images. From my research I understand that different types of shots have different effects on a potential audience and decided to research further into them to understand what type of shot to use for different situations.
I found four different shot types that I would be most likely to use given the contents of my magazine and ancillary tasks:
ECU - Extreme Close Up
This shot is taken very close to a model's face/ object, audiences immediately establish a relationship with the model or connection with the product as they are able to judge emotion and detail easily from such close proximity.
CU - Close Up
Slightly further away than an extreme close up but still enables audiences to view expression and emotion easily and establishes a relationship between audiences and the image.
MS - Mid Shot/ MCU - Medium Close Up
Gives an impression of the entire object/model. Good for fashion photography as it captures the entirety of an outfit whilst still maintaining detail.
LS - Long Shot - The best shot to use when shooting furnishings/scenery. It captures the entirety of the subject and allows the audience to feel a part of the image as it is from a viewpoint that could be their own.
Comments
Post a Comment