Creating a Focus Group
To gain an insight from the audience demographic I intend to market my publication towards I created a group of 30 individuals within the same bracket, asking them to act as a focus group.This will help me to make creative decisions based on the likes, dislikes and opinions of the consumers I will market my magazine and ancillary productions towards
The group demographic wound up quite like what I wanted my audience to be only with a slightly younger age and lower income range due to my access to people:
Female - 16 - 53.6%
Male - 14 - 46.4%
Age
The group demographic wound up quite like what I wanted my audience to be only with a slightly younger age and lower income range due to my access to people:
Female - 16 - 53.6%
Male - 14 - 46.4%
Age
- Under 18 - 8 people (26.8%)
- 18-24 - 9 people (30%)
- 25-34 - 5 people (16.6%)
- 35-44 - 5 people (16.6%)
- 45-54 - 3 people (10%)
Property Profiles
- Owns Outright - 5 people (16.6%)
- Mortgage - 6 people (20%)
- Rented - 9 people (30%)
- N/A - 10 people (33.4%)
- Average House Price - £344,492 (Canterbury, Whitstable and surrounding suburbs)
Income Profiles
- £80-100k - 3 people (10%)
- £60-79k - 2 people (6.6%)
- £40-59k -3 people (10%)
- £20-39k - 6 people (20%)
- £<19k - 7 people (23.4%)
- N/A - 9 people (30%)
I intend to contact my focus group by email regularly to request their opinion on any stylistic, branding or content decisions.
Comments
Post a Comment