Focus Group Opinions - Name of Magazine

My publication is going to be marketed towards the Canterbury region. This includes Canterbury City, Whitstable, Herne Bay and the surrounding areas. For this reason I wanted the title of the magazine something personal to the people of the area. I came up with 4 possible options to put to my focus group, all being relevant to the region.
  • The Triangle (the name of the local bus route and the geographical shape of the three towns)
  • The Oyster (Whitstable's most famous trade)
  • Canterbury Magazine (in keeping with the conventions for other regional magazine titles)
  • Coast and City (Canterbury being the city with Whitstable and Herne Bay on the coast)
I had a reply from 28 of the 30 members of my group, there was a split across them but "Coast and City" was a clear favourite with 15 people choosing it. "The Oyster" was the second favourite and had 6 people choose it. "The Triangle" and "Canterbury Magazine" however were not as popular receiving 5 and 2 votes respectively.

Email correspondence with several members of my group:




















Comments