Mock Up Advertisement Pages, Focus Group and Process

To decide on a template for my ad page I put together two different layouts to be used in an ad for fashion house "Coach" and put them to my focus group:


The response from my focus group was widely varied, 16 participants preferred the option with three images and 14 preferred it with two, for this reason I decided that I would make two drafts for the ad for my magazine using, my own photos and brand and put it to them again at a later date.

In the end I only drafted the version that had three images, I felt it was the better and more interesting option. I also edited the photos with a colour filter and pitched the final version to my focus group to see what they felt about it:
This was one of the responses I received and was similar to a few others. After settling the groups concerns that there was too much space by showing them similar real media adverts with similar layouts they had no further suggestions.

Comments