My Target Audience

Following my research on the audiences of a number of regional magazines that exhibited the style I wanted, I found the demographic for this type of publication tended to be wealthy, upper class and within the ABC1 bracket which was clearly reflected in the stylistic choices and elements of the magazines.

I have decided to take on a similar target audience, however I will make my publication slightly more targeted towards a younger age group (18-35). There is a clear gap in the market for luxury regional magazines that are specially geared towards younger audiences and my publication would hopefully fill it. I will include elements of high fashion, culture, travel and lifestyle as these are all areas I feel would appeal to a younger audience, I will also aim to appeal equally to both men and women as the demographics I have studied suggests that the audience for regional magazines are generally evenly split in terms of gender. My colour schemes, article subjects and photography will be essential to this.

Comments