Mock Up Contents, Focus Group and Process

I put together two different potential layouts for the contents page using my own text and images that I decided I wanted to have on the page (shown below). I pitched both to my focus group asking them which they preferred and any suggestions or improvements they had, the groups general consensus was that they felt the layouts were not particularly interesting or eye catching and while they agreed the layouts were easily navigable and straightforward they suggested I mock up some more interesting formats.























I took on board what my focus group said and moved around the texts and images into a more interesting layout and re-pitched them to the group. They felt the new formats were a lot more interesting and eye catching but preferred the symmetry of the second option, I then asked if they had any further improvements or suggestions to finalise the draft and the only suggestion they had was a possible change in background colour, however this would not be in line with the real media examples I studied or the house style I created for my brand so I chose to keep it white.

Comments